Ubuntu Advantage Landscape
View a detailed hardware inventory and live resource usage statistics from Landscape's dashboard.
Landscape monitors systems through an agent installed on each machine. The agent communicates with Landscape to provide live status information. Data is securely collected and stored in the Landscape database. Administrators can use the data for performance analysis. Landscape's graphical module makes it easy to plot trends of temperature, disk and memory usage, system load or custom metrics.
Quickly understand system resource usage. Landscape constantly monitors your system’s health and performance, and presents data clearly so you can quickly pinpoint bottlenecks or other problem areas.
- Custom trend information. Now you can customise the display of the parameters that you need to know.
- View the data that matters to you by writing a custom script.
- System info tool. Get system information automatically at sign-in, without having to go looking for it.
- Manage processes centrally. A simple web interface shows you the recently active processes running across your systems and lets you manage them centrally.
- Maintain a detailed hardware inventory. Landscape removes the complexity from hardware inventory by showing complete and easy-to-understand hardware information for all your systems.
- Simplify security audits. Auditing and security are simplified with Landscape’s detailed history logs that display actions performed by all administrators.
- Access full package information. The convenient web interface allows browsing of all packages installed, available, and available for upgrading, on all registered machines, including security notices.
Up-to-the-minute status on machine metrics
Landscape provides systems monitoring information through an agent installed on each machine. The agent communicates with Landscape to provide up-to-the-minute status on machine metrics. All data is securely collected and stored in the Landscape database where administrators can access it from anywhere to analyse performance of key parameters over time.
View graphical trends
With Landscape's graphing function you can view trends in system performance over time enabling you to make informed decisions about systems. Out-of-the-box you can graph trends in system load, memory usage, temperature and disk usage which helps you make decisions about allocation of system resources across machines or identify problems. In addition, you can create your own scripts and save them to your script library to measure any system parameter that you want to view on a routine basis. This image shows custom graphs of one system that allow you to monitor trends and take action on systems before their performance impacts your network.
Landscape can collect data and monitor any machine readable parameter. We include a few custom graphs with Landscape and make it easy to create your own using scripts (compatible with most interpreters). You can store these scripts in a library that all system administrators can use and apply to any systems they have access to. Custom graphs can be used to monitor any system's performance.