Ubuntu Advantage Support
With our knowledge and experience, businesses can reduce downtime and maintain a high level of IT service.
Support in Ubuntu Advantage helps customers resolve issues and bugs, fast. When you report a problem, we help to minimise any impact on your mission-critical services and reduce the cost of system downtime.
Expertise and experience
Nobody understands Ubuntu better than Canonical. Our Canonical Support and Services (CSS) team, made up of highly skilled and experienced engineers with a passion for Ubuntu, helps businesses around the world to deploy Ubuntu. We can help with installation, applications and systems administration, and we can help you resolve issues of all levels of complexity.
- Installation – We help you with standard installations on the server and desktop, as well as network and automated installations, package and task selection and Windows integration.
- Applications – We help solve issues you encounter on all standard server workloads, including web and application serving, databases and server virtualisation. On the desktop, we help you install and use the thousands of applications in the main Ubuntu repository, including office productivity suites, and collaboration and multi-media applications.
- Systems administration – On the server, we help you maintain the security of your systems, by providing assistance with cryptography, configuring firewalls and systems updates and upgrades. We also help you with other tasks such as networking and setting up your own repository. On the desktop, we help you with issues such as wireless networking, desktop security, remote access and Windows network access.
With Ubuntu Advantage, your IT team will have the highest level of backing from Canonical. Our key service features include:
- Direct access – Speak directly to a support engineer with first-hand knowledge of how best to resolve your issue or log your support query online, giving you the flexibility to report queries in the most efficient manner for your business.
- Real-time tracking – Track your issues online in real time through the online support portal. The support portal also allows you to add comments or attach more information at any time so you don't waste time explaining issues.
- Availability – Call the CSS team during your local business hours or have the security of receiving 24/7 phone access for your mission critical servers
- Unlimited cases – Submit any number of support requests.
- Multi-vendor support – Save time co-ordinating support for multiple vendors. We can take care of your issues through the Technical Support alliance Network (TSANet).
- Cloud support – Deploy new technology with confidence and ensure your cloud implementation is a success by receiving support from cloud experts. The CSS team helps you quickly resolve any issues you encounter deploying and using Ubuntu as your cloud platform.
- Technical Account Manager – Large enterprises require a higher level of care to co-ordinate issues with complex interdependencies. The Technical Account Manager is a single point of contact who gives your business immediate access to the highest level of support expertise.
- Service Description – To find out all the details about what Ubuntu Advantage covers, severity level definitions and Service Level Agreement (SLA), you can consult the Ubuntu Advantage Service Description